Thursday, February 27, 2014

DO YOU HAVE AN UGLY PLAIN WHITE CEILING FAN? GIVE IT A LITTLE MAKEOVER!

Hi there, welcome to Sweet Tea N' Salty Air. If your like me you have a great working white ceiling fan , only problem it is just plain ugly. As I was shopping Home Depot and Lowes I noticed that many of the fans were brown or black. So I got this idea that I would paint the white ones a bit.


So you start off with a plain Jane such as this. This is the living room fan.


After giving it 2 coats of brown paint some sanding and stenciling you end up with this. This is the kitchen fan.







The biggest thing is you can not get paint in the openings in the part that gets attached to the ceiling, per Mr. Sweet Tea who is an electrician. I used a Lowes brand paint , primer all in one. The paint treatment gives the fan just a tad of vintage love. Hope you'll give it a whirl and paint up your bland ceiling fans.  Thank so much for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Why Not Give Your Holiday Tree Some Easter Love!

 Welcome, thankyou for stopping on in today! Easter is swiftly approaching as I have been busy planning decorating and meal plans.  I have a...