Saturday, November 2, 2013

RAG WREATHES, A GREAT GIFT THAT ANYONE CAN CRAFT

Hi there, so happy you stopped by. Today I have been making a little something for my aunts upcoming birthday. A rag wreath, I bought some pretty material  and started cutting and ripping. A true rag wreath should be made from ripped pieces of material. They are so fun to make its just ripping and tieing. I used a rim from a large margarine container and that made a pretty good size wreath. Its just tieing the pieces on the hoop. When your wreath is all filled in and complete you can decorate it with flowers, bows Jewels or what ever you like.


I used a few holly leaves and a gold poinsettia and in the middle I put a vintage button. For the staging décor my favorite Fenton Santa that I inherited from my mom whom I miss very much, a few pinecones and the artificial snow ...no other than potato flakes.
 
 
 
 

 
 
This project took about 1/4 of a yard of material.
 
I used about 6 inch strips about an inch and 1/2 wide.
 
 
It is easy just tying the ripped strips close together and not leaving any of the hoop showing. Be sure to trim all the strings along the way. I hope I have inspired you all to make a rag wreath. Be sure to get a material that can be ripped and tied easily such as a cotton that would be used for quilting.
 
Thank you so much for stopping by and taking a look at my wreath!
You can find me at the following linky parties!
 
 
DIY Show Off                                          
   
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...