Tuesday, November 19, 2013

MY VINTAGE PUNCH BOWL SET AND A WONDERFUL EASY PUNCH RECIPE FOR THE HOLIDAYS

Hello there, so happy you came by this is my vintage punch bowl set. Its a funny story how I received this pretty set. I have had it about 10 years but before  that for about 15 or more years it was wrapped in news paper in a backyard shed. My son used to clean sheds when he was a teen and he was cleaning the shed where this very gem was stored. When he presented to the old woman she insisted he took it home to me, bless her sole. My son couldn't wait to get it to me I was so happy he thought of me. He is still such a thoughtful person.

The set is very heavy glass with glass beading around the rim, the handles on the cups are also beaded. The ladle is also glass and very heavy that's why when I do serve our holiday punch I do use a different ladle. This set has seen many a holiday and special occasion it has become part of our family.






Soon enough this punch bowl will be filled with this delicious Punch recipe that our family has been making for years, so simple and so good!

EVERY OCCASION PUNCH

1 bottle of Ginger ale
1 package of crushed frozen strawberries
1 lemon sliced
2 limes sliced
1 frozen lemonade
lots of ice

All you do is put all these ingredients in the punch bowl and the ingredients work their magic! If is an all adult party you could do a little spiking. You can also add some strawberry or lime sherbet   This punch goes quickly so it would  be good to have another set of ingredients ready . It's a good idea to take the can of frozen lemonade out of the freezer about an hour before you make your punch.

The punch bowl also has a platter to match that it all sits on. I do hope your try my punch recipe for the holidays and I do hope you and your friends and family enjoy it! thanks so much for stopping by Sweet Tea N' Salty Air

I am partying over to  http://www.wecallitjunkin.com/call-olde-link-week-8  If you love good old things you wont want to miss this linky party hosted by Dawn .

Don't miss Marty's wonderful party over at http://www.astrollthrulife.net/2013/11/191st-inspire-me-tuesday 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...