Monday, October 28, 2013

GOT MY SEWING MACHINE SMOKING , NEW PILLOWS & TABLERUNNER MADE FROM ON HAND MATERIAL 0$

Hey everyone, so glad you stopped by for a visit grab a cup of coffee and let me show you what I have made. You know how we all have curtains and scraps of materials that we have on a shelf just sitting idol? Well Sunday I went through my shelves and pulled out a huge curtain I made out of a red and white checked seersucker material and a bolt of neutral upholstery fabric that I picked up some time ago at Goodwill. Got out my sewing machine and got busy.

I made some simple pillows and incorporated some pieces of my great grams vintage tablecloth if you remember I have been using bits and pieces on some of my projects such as the stool make over and the garland. If you have any vintage material pieces be sure to save them even if they are torn beyond repair. You can incorporate them in something else such as I have. Before stuffing the pillow I ironed the lacey piece on with heat bond.

I sewed a table runner and added a bit of the red and white check as a ruffle and also more pieces of the vintage table cloth also added some of grams vintage buttons. I was going for the big ruffle look that I have seen in blog land that I love so much. If you are a beginner sewer you may want to start with a basic table runner this is a tad complicated . I also used heat bond to secure the vintage pieces.


Pillows and the table runner add a whole new look to get things looking spiffy for the holidays. By adding a touch of red check to the table runner it becomes a matching set. A great inexpensive way to refresh your living room.

 
The pillows are super simple and add a ton of impact. The hand made crocheted lace on the back of the couch was a day after Christmas find. Its a Christmas tree skirt turned couch assessory. Just because something is one thing does not mean you can not make it useful somewhere else. That's what it's all about people repurpose, I love it!
 
 
 
 
Lots of ruffle goodness!
 
I try to incorporate my great grams buttons when I can. One things for sure this table runner will always be hand washed.


 
 

I hope I have given you the sewing fever! If you don't have a machine put it on your Christmas list, every momma needs a machine. Don't get me wrong some of the nicest things I have done were hand sewn. So pull out your gently used textiles and put them to use. Thank you so very much for stopping by today!


I can be found at any of these fun linky parties! 
 


   
  Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home 

www.astrollthrulife.net  

BRAMBLEBERRY COTTAGE



No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Why Not Give Your Holiday Tree Some Easter Love!

 Welcome, thankyou for stopping on in today! Easter is swiftly approaching as I have been busy planning decorating and meal plans.  I have a...