Monday, September 30, 2013

Wooden wine crate turns into a perfect container for freshley picked pinecone or wild pine from the woods

Hi everyone, I had this wooden wine box that my aunt surprised me with, she scored it from a local liqueur store. I had it for a couple of months stashed until I figured out what I would exactly do with it.

It's perfect for holding pine cones and pine sprigs and light enough to bring into the woods for carrying. The first thing I did was use a stencil and some vinyl spackling and did a little design on the front very simply just holding the stencil in place and filling the stencil ever so gingerly and just letting it dry.

Now a coat of black paint is in order and when that was dry I did a sanding to distress it. I cut a piece of linen and glued it to the box and stenciled with black paint , added some bows and pine cones. I used some vintage lace from one of my grams tablecloths. Take a look....

from this.....
To this, I didn't put that little guy in there but he does look cute. I didn't paint the inside but I did give it a poly spray.






Since I have taken these photos I have decided to put handles on it for easier carrying. Pinecones are my favorite our door thing to pick how about you? Decorating and crafting is endless with pinecones . Thank you for joining Sweet Tea ' Salty Air! You can find me at these fun linky Parties! Come party with us. Domestically Speaking

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...