Tuesday, September 24, 2013

I've created some fall crafts for my outdoorway and Got all my fall planting done!

Hey there everyone ,so glad you stopped by! I have been working hard the last couple of days getting the outdoors ready for fall. I have an old ladder back chair that sits on the front steps ,it's sort of the base for all my decorating in that area. I was at Lowe's and they are having some wonderful stuff on clearance I bought a coconut lined metal basket for 2.50 and a string of black and a string of colored lantern lights for 3.00 each reg. 16.00 . So this is a little peak at my front steps. In the back you see a large plant that is a Penta and I have had it in that pot for 4 years and it just keeps growing.


I have a large stock of wooden floor boards that I use for signs, I used white outdoor paint and highlight and letters in black. I took a stiff bristle brush and ran it through the board with some red to give it a aged look and I attached 3 sets of cording with leaves attached to the bows. For the little garland I took some white thick ribbon and tied some check to it along with some cording with leaves also attached. The pumpkin is just a .99 plastic pumpkin from Wal-Mart , I gave it a couple coats of the white and a big Welcome. I attached some leaves to the top and put an electric candle in it that can light the step area up as well. The wreath is a berry/grapevine wreath also attached are some leaves and ribbon. I do miss the colorful leaves up north, we sure don't have any here.




 



Mums and a tall  ? should do well through the winter as well.


Meragolds fill the front brick bed , they do well with the Florida sun. They will bloom over and over. I usually pick off all the dead flowers and before you know it new flowers appear.


All of these crafts that I have made can be easily done. Lumber Liquidators is a great place to pick up some odd pieces of flooring for signs for little money.  Stencils are very inexpensive and easy to come by. So try a little Fall creativity and Thank you so much for stopping by Sweet Tea N' Salty Air it's been fun!    Domestically Speaking    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...