Wednesday, September 4, 2013

An Autumn wreath made from Mexican Petunia stems and trimmed with decor made from a brown grocery bag!

Hi all! It's a rainey day here today, it is unusual for it to rain and storm the entire day but that's ok I have been getting my craft on! One of my Mexican petunia wreaths are dried and ready for decorating . Last night I did a little shopping at Publix Grocery. one of the only stores that offer plastic or paper around here. Of course me getting to be known as the brown bag lady took the paper and double bags at that! And I came up with something like this for no money! Just a little paint , a button and a little emagination!
 


 






 
For the flowers I cut strips of bag such as this there is no pattern so what ever size you like would be ok.

Then I cut the petal shapes ,also any shapes would be fine too. Once they are cut then you start working them with your hands kind of like in a roll. Then you can position the petals the way you would like them. I used a regular stapler to do the bottom stem so the flower stays in tack. Then you just pick out what ever paints you would like and mix it up a bit with some water. Just take a brush and paint them well. Set them on a news paper to dry. Be sure to shape them well because once dried you can't really change the shape. I crafted the bird house out of brown bag as well using a big button for the entry way. A little raffia here and there and you have an Autumn wreath to hang on your door! Happy Crafting , this was totally fun to do and anyone could do it super easy! Thank you so much for visiting Sweet Tea N' Salty Air.
 


 

I have joined the following fun parties! HookingupwithHoH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Why Not Give Your Holiday Tree Some Easter Love!

 Welcome, thankyou for stopping on in today! Easter is swiftly approaching as I have been busy planning decorating and meal plans.  I have a...