Tuesday, June 18, 2013

You will be surprised what I can do with a hot glue gun

I found this poor tired old looking lamp for 3.99 while I was thrifting. The poor thing had no color and just looked so lonely sitting there on the shelf ,I just couldn't resist. Hmmm I thought I'll take this poor thing home and give him the royal vintage treatment. I'm not too crazy I just love my things that I find that need a better way of spirit. The shade was a road side find that I was saving for the perfect mate.
The first thing I did was heat up my trusty glue gun. This is a procedure that I do on picture frames furniture and much more. I simply drew on the base with the glue let it dry completely and then I put a vintage type paint design...... like a light greenish blue and I just work lightly to get the glue design to pop. I used that color and black and white. Not to much paint just enough to give it that vintage feel.  With the shade I just lightly painted it and outlined the seems darker and I did a little stenciling "Family" And the finishing touch a burlap bow. No more boring lamp and she's proud to be front and center in the living room. I certainly had some fun with this project and for 3.99  gotta love it.



Here they are an almost perfect marriage                 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...