Tuesday, June 21, 2016

A GREAT WAY TO SPEND A HOT SUMMER DAY THRIFTING!

A Saturday scanning for thrifted treasures. 

 Hi there, welcome ...schools out, summer is in full swing......it seems to be going by way to fast. I thought  Saturday a thrifting adventure would be fun!  So first I found this huge clock only4.99 Love the way it looks hanging in the seaside kitchen.
 I spied this copper shell and knew it was a must have at 1.99



I sure was not leaving without this  wooden rowboat, it paired well with a recent sign I crafted , "Seaside Boat Rentals".

 I tucked it in the wrought iron basket with some white lights for whimsy.







I also came across this shiny ceramic shell type bowl for .99

I cant think of a better way to have fun on a hot summer day! The best thing to do when you are thrifting is to set a budget for yourself stick to it to avoid overspending. I know things have a cheap ticket price but that can add up if you are not careful, then there's the unexpected thrift store find. I'm sure you can all relate to that , its when you find something you will not leave behind problem being it cost a fortune. For me when I found my vintage refridgerator I was not leaving the store without it! So after some sweet talking to my daughter who has a truck and Mr. STNSA  I explained to him what a good investment I did leave the store with it. The most important thing about thrifting is that you have fun!

                                                       Until next time,
                                                            Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...