Friday, August 8, 2014

FROM BAKERS RACK TO KITCHEN ISLAND

Happy Friday to you! Welcome to Sweet Tea N' Salty Air. Summer has brought me lots of work around here and dodging the tropical storms is not easy and if you leave home without your umbrella your pretty much caught out.
I don't know about you but I am a furniture collector, if I see something that really has caught my eye I have to buy it. So I got this bakers rack not really needing it cause I already had one so I got this brain storm that I would take the top off and use the base part as a mini kitchen island.
 It appears that someone built this base using maple wood .
I gave it three coats of polyurethane to protect it.

I lined the 2 drawers with some pretty paper. They hold ice tea spoons etc. I am notorious for taking furniture apart and repurposing it. Look around your home may be you can find something to paint or repurpose just don't touch that favorite easy chair that your hubby sits in! Thanks so much for visiting and have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...