Thursday, September 19, 2024

Old Solid Wood Furniture, New Again!

 Welcome!  I bet you have a tired piece of quality furniture just begging for a new look! Am I right?  As long as your item is made well it will be deserving .

I decided to use an old farm table and 2 chairs very old but all need some loving.   The table and chairs are perfect in my kitchen, wether I want to have a cup of coffee or sew or maybe peel potatoes it will be a convenient place to be.

This is the chair in the old state, I can remember my great gram sitting there. The table has a story, it was  where the ladies would sit to clean the tips off of the stringbeans as they were harvested.


Poor chair, but it's about to see better days.I used 2 different Rust-oleum  products to achieve the wearable hard finish  that will last a good long time.

For the table I used white gloss Rust-oleum  painters choice


For the chairs I used Rust-oleum gloss white spray and it dried to an unbeatable hard finish .


I'm already enjoying the table set as I sit here sipping my tea and enjoying my raison cinnamon toast.






I will enjoy a cozy place to sew maybe peel potatoes or just sip my tea. 

So check your stash you just might have an item that would surely love new life .


                        Happy painting!

                               Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Old Solid Wood Furniture, New Again!

 Welcome!  I bet you have a tired piece of quality furniture just begging for a new look! Am I right?  As long as your item is made well it ...