Monday, August 3, 2020

A New Paint Treatment for the Dining Table

welcome friends! Come on in the dining room. I so get tired of white. It bores me so! So I decided to give the dining table top a new look. I applied a dark grey onto the white. I used a board and drew the plank lines in before the paint dried.I also did some scraping but not to much to age the look a bit.
Once the application was good and dry I applied a white wash. And to finish it a matt sealer. Let's take a look...


 Left everything else white even the chippy chairs.  We had a little brunch to try the table out. Every summer I pull out my white sunflower dishes out but seeing no get together it was just service for 3.

The dishes looked especially pretty against the dark table top.
 Fresh melon, hard boiled eggs and some homemade banana muffins. I love muffins and cupcakes baked in parchment paper!


I will be painting my wooden bench to












wish I could give you all a banana muffin!

Thankyou for stoppingon in its been great having a bit of company! Stay safe and healthy friends......
Until next time
Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness, can I be invited to bunch :)
    Everything looks amazing including the table.
    You intrigued me with your cabbage, egg noodle and sweet onion recipe . . . I think that would make a very nice blog tutorial, how about it?
    Our favorite way to fix cabbage is to fry either ham, pork chops or sausages and then when they are done to pile as much shredded cabbage on top as I can pile on the pan turn the heat to low or even off and let the cabbage wilt so that it is still a tiny bit uncooked but just slightly. The meat juices go through the cabbage. Oh, if it's greasy I drain the grease and add about the 1/4 cup water when the skillet is still hot then I put the lid on and turn the heat down. the water de-glazes the pan and that is what gives the cabbage a yummy taste. If you try it, tell me what you think. My Steve hated cabbage until he try it this way. Then he would get excited when I told him that we were having cabbage for dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...