Saturday, August 29, 2020

A fun Hobby Lobby basket!

welcome to you! Happy you could stop by. I havent been visiting many stores lately mostly ordering online. But when my son offered an afternoon treat (bribe) of Hobby Lobby I couldn't resist. He is a model crafter and collector and lucky for me Hobby Lobby is the place for him to go. So we gathered our masks and headed out. About 45 minutes later we reached our destination.

So we got geared up and headed on in. Whoa I hadn't been in a while...lots of Fall and Christmas everywhere.  So I had a 40$ budget I found a cute Big tin sign. Bought some buffallo check ribbon and a roll of burlap. I discovered the clearance isle way in back of the store. I picked up some large plastic easter eggs that I will paint and this wonderful farm basket. The basket was only 3$.

Today I gave this nice big basket a whole new look. I had just bought a gallon of black paint from Lowes Opps counter, so I  mixed a bit of black paint with water and gave the basket a dry brush of black wash.
I left some places without color to make an aged look.  I wanted to make the basket to adopt to any season.  I used some white burlap and stenciled it a bit. Added some fall rag bows. I ant wat to fill it with some pumpkins and greens. I have a small tree for the dining area that I can add to the basket for the Christmas season.





So for 3$ not bad. You never know what your going to find amongst the clearance items.
Thanks so much for stoppin by
             Happy crafting
                 Lisa

5 comments:

  1. Look at you . . . that magic touch of yours is always coming up with great ideas and stunning projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa,
    I LOVE what you did to the basket!! especially the addition of the stenciled burlap!! I too have not ventured out to any stores that much..Joe loves to shop so I am lucky that he is happy to go for me....
    Joe is not tech literate at all and had fought tooth and nail to maintain that but he is realizing that that was a mistake..
    Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and for letting me know that you did by leaving a comment!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your kind comments and for taking the tie to visit!!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...