Monday, March 16, 2020

A Sassy Spring Kitchen


Welcome to you! Happy you could drop by today. I am excited to welcome Spring how about you?  Even though I dwell in SW Florida we still travel the seasons here but a tad different than up North.

This Spring I have incorporated some  bright colors, springy stems, vintage repurposed wooden pieces and a touch of french. Love to make the kitchen a happy place cause I do spend many hours in there.  Come let's take a look.....


 First thing I did was to paint the backsplash going for a worn wood look incorporating  some pistachio green. My own mixed color. Pink dishes are displayed in an old metal tool holder. I used an iron round scrolled piece as a backdrop for a colorful wreath .
 Some yellow curtains that I have sewn decorate the kitchen window along with some candle holders hung on each side and pitchers hung above on hooks.

 My baking cabinet with some painted canning jars.
 Bright yellow flowers sit ontop of the large butcher block island in a galvanized pail.
 Here you can see a piece of vintage wood that I salvaged from an ancient cabinet, it adds a bit of internet above the cabinets. I painted them colorful but distressed.




 I saw this french green sign in my vision travels and decided to create my own version.  It says fish soup 1$ a bowl. Also some old wood sticks in the wall basket displaying; flour, sugar and salt.
 A recent visit to our local citrus farm supplied us with some wonderful juice oranges. The old picture of pres. Washingtons cottage was found at our local Goodwill.
 This huge wicker piece is newly added. To add some whimsy I added some buffalo  fabric to the front. It holds oodles of kitchen supplies. It truly is part of a new bedroom suite I purchased from Craigslist but unfortunately it was too large for the doorway.


 A fresh coat of paint for the butcher block island.

Thankyou so very much for stopping on in today. Hope you will be enjoying Spring wherever  you may live.

                   Lisa

6 comments:

  1. Awesome and interesting article. Great things you've always shared with us. Thanks. Just continue composing this kind of post. kitchen cart for kid

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just recently got a couple of coloring books and my pencils but haven’t yet started. It seems like a relaxing activity.

    P.S. Came over from the Grand Social. Love your blog! Mathew Barnes form 10bestdigs.com

    ReplyDelete

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Why Not Give Your Holiday Tree Some Easter Love!

 Welcome, thankyou for stopping on in today! Easter is swiftly approaching as I have been busy planning decorating and meal plans.  I have a...