Monday, June 17, 2019

A Cohesive Farmhouse/ cottage Bit Of Fun!

Welcome friends, so nice of you to stop in! You know how you have a mishmash of decor , you love it but its all stowed away because you dont really know exactly what to do  with it.

Thats was me , I had a wall in the kit hen that I painted a faux shiplap look and I just wanted something special. I had found an inspiration picture online, It was basically a makeshift counter, backsplash and cabinetry. Very plain but a step back in time using raw materials.

So I chose various Items such as a little wooden vintage cabinet, some tin tiles, shelves , a small egg nester box, a wooden box, a little closed metal box,  and also made a Fried Green Tomato sign.

First I spaced everything out to make sure to get a perfect arrangement.  The trick to getting a cohesive look.
 This is the start, the base is a baker rack bottom all wood with 2 drawers
 Once everythingwas given a light lick of paint.
 This was a fun Saturday afternoon just  a lady in her kitchen having some decorating fun.

 Displaying dishes. Some eggs that I painte . Gramas handmade doilies.

 Some sanding, and scraping
 I love the end resultas it fits snugly to my favorite vintage cabinet.

Hope you enjoyed my kitchen collection center. Perhaps you will be taking out your favorite decor and designing your own kitchen center!
Happy Decorating!
Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Your creations are so unique and when you are finished they look like they have been finished fifty or more years ago. That is a marvelous talent to have and you do it to perfection. I love the green . . . so pretty:)

    ReplyDelete

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...