Saturday, February 9, 2019

The Whites Of Winter And Colors Of Spring.....

Welcome! So happy you could stop in for some chit chat! Ive been dreging through the house for days , changing and adding. I have to share this bit that i recently read on a facebook farmhouse group that I belong. A gentleman qued in to say we were all wanna bes, our houses are not really on a farm etc.etc. okkkk so I dont have pigs and chickens etc. Im thinking wow. Dont blow my happiness up please! I love my style of farmhouse in my home, its simmply my warm happy place that I celebrate the old each day. Everything such as my slider glass doors gone barn door. Roosters , pigs, metals and wickers plus. Our homes are what ever you want it to  be

So I have been super busy fixing thi gs around the house that are not up to my liking. The master suite was a biggie. I painted , did the floor and extended my farmhouse on in. I can show you bits and pieces due to the fact I promised my family I wouldnt put bedrooms on my blog but whos to say I cant show bits and pieces .


 Just a white large rag wreath with somstems I bought at Walmart, lambs tongue, lavender and huge daisies.


 A shutter I attached a galvanized bucket ans a sign. I just love shutters to farmhousedecorate, love that you can tie pretty decor
Decided to paint the bedroom floors its a 4 step process but the end result was worth it


This is the quilt pattern.


One thing I am amazed at is the Parsely that i have in the garden. It never took up during the summer so it being winter here in sw florida where we dont really have rain. So parsley loves a bit of sun and very little water.



I have been enjoying the parsely in soups and sauces and a great potato salad.

I have been slowly disecting a very vintage cabinet and trying to incoporate the wooden pieces in the house. This piece was the top of the cabinet.

I decided to use it as a back drop for my chopping table, I was tempted to paint it but thought I would enjoy the  rich wood grain for a while so I just decorated it with 3 farm animals found at Hobby Lobby.



The wood top on my island is actually part of the shelving in that disected vintage cabinet. So if you have a piece of vintage furniture that has seen better days get creative and repurpose the wooden pieces.

                        Thankyou for stopping in today!

                                  Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...