Saturday, February 23, 2019

BEFORE YOU DIVORCE YOUR DINING SET ..THINK AGAIN

Hi there friends, so I have been looking at my dining set and thinking maybe its time for new or new to me old. So I made a mental list weighing the positives and negatives. Well the positives outweighed the the only one negative. Lets see its all wood, nothongs broken , the chairs are comfortable, with the leaf and bench we can sit 9 people. The only neg was needs a facelift or should I say tablelift?




The chairs were white and deep red and the paint was rather nicked and worn in a bad way.

So I was thinging just a pure white with a gloss so that cleaning would be a breeve and you cant go wrong with white . So I purchased my favorite painters Touch, a great tough paint by Rustoleum. I use this paint on most of my projects.






 The hutch is also painters touch gloss white.









 I have done a post in the past a couple of times about this raised look, it is done using a stencil snd some caulking. An easy process to add interest to a flat surface.













 One thing that attracted me to this table is the pedestal wooden base, love that look.









White is always wonderful. Im actually loving this set again. No I didnt sand any worn spots Im just going to let it wear naturally. So before you want to toss your set to the road side think again, paint can be your best friend!

Thanks so much for stopping in!

                      Lisa

1 comment:

  1. O my!! Your dining room table and hutch came out beautiful!! What a great transformation!!
    Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind comment!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...