Sunday, September 2, 2018

Heavy Pine vegetable bin gets a pretty makeover

Welcome! so nice of you to stop on by....summer will become a memory soon sad for some but happy for others . Where did this summer go anyway seems like time just passes too quickly its best if we savor every moment every day good or bad.

A while back I was given this very old pine heavy vegetable bin they used to be popular back in the day . This piece was definitely sound and well constructed. So I pulled him out of storage and gave him a lick of paint, a tear of material and the well deserved dignity he deserved. Im sure this old boy had been protecting farm fresh vegetables for most of his life.


Super yikes right? its missing what ever was in the carved out door opening but everything is in tack even the chains that keep the 2nd and 3rd door from dropping all the way down.  But I have big plans for this guy , I was thinking of several things that I could store maybe all my table linens or maybe fresh baked goods seeing that it has breathing holes on the back board.

 Here he is all done over.....I used my accent kitchen color and a fun stencil along with some black and white small checked material
 I did some sanding to age it a bit


It fits perfect along side my bakers rack 
 Maybe vegetables...…..

maybe table linens...…….. so far its been a fun addition to my kitchen so if you have one of these give it a nice makeover  also I had this heavy iron stand that I took out of my stash it works well and is useful for a couple of things


 It will work perfectly when company comes and I need a little sofa side table for coffee
It also holds a large bowl this is a very large wooden bowl that I found at a local thrift store for 5$  It will be nice filled with white lights pinecones and some fresh pine. I also have a large stainless bowl that I have put in here filled with ice along side the dinner table holding some bottles of wine.

Its been fun today and thanks for stopping in here where everyone is made to feel at home!
until next time                                               Lisa

2 comments:

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...