Saturday, May 19, 2018

A pretty summer wreath to welcome your guests, and you can make it !

Hi there happy you could pop on in ! I just love wreaths its such a great way to add décor and also welcome guests. I love a wreath that starts out with a simple grapevine wreath such as the one that I have crafted. I put this together from vines but grapevine wreaths are available at all craft stores and most department stores that have a little craft department. You can get them in all sizes like for doors or maybe house fronts or barns, garages.

The best thing is they don't have to be expensive this one cost me about 2.50 Had the wreath and the large bouquet of flowers I bought at Walmart for half price . Now this wreath is on my front iron gate so it will have to be able to take what ever the weather brings. So with that said It wouldn't be a good idea to invest a whole lot of money into it. We will have rain everyday for the next 4 months it may only be an hour a day but it takes its toll on all outdoor items.
 What is great about a wreath is that anything goes its whatever you like you can incorporate anything into them as "jewelry", such as this one I save all my paintcan lids so I gave it a vintage wash and used it to put a letter in. You can use faux fruits, beads, wooden items, vintage utensils, anything.
 This was a great buy a very large bouquet for just 2.50 I even had some left over for another project. This is my boy Chocolatey my helper!

A good pair of wire cutters will be great for cutting the stems also a glue gun , sticks of glue and cording for tying. 

 I chose a piece of lace from my material bins.
 Here you have it I chose a side bouquet, you can put flowers all around if you like , For the side bouquet  an easy rule is the bigger flowers in the middle and then smaller ones around it and wispy ones at each end.




 I just did some little lace bows going around



Hope I have inspired you to go ahead and craft yourself a pretty wreath , it is a very forgiven craft. You can arrange your flowers  until you get the look you are going for,
Until next time    Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Why Not Give Your Holiday Tree Some Easter Love!

 Welcome, thankyou for stopping on in today! Easter is swiftly approaching as I have been busy planning decorating and meal plans.  I have a...