Saturday, March 10, 2018

New life for a thrift store table & a spring vignette....

Welcome, happy Saturday !  Today is raining here in SW Florida  a great day to rummage the Thrift stores.  Last week I  stopped in at Goodwill last minute kind of thing, I strayed right to the furniture and there it was a vintage drop down table just what I was looking for , for a very long time , It is maple and very old and just the right size for what I need it for. It had good bones so to speak but needed some paint and lovin care. You see I am very kind to old furniture ,I take it home , give it a new life and love it forever!  Crazy right  .....I am thinking that most bloggers see it that way. So this is what she looked life when I first brought her home. Kinda rough.....

 So many scratches but nice legs and sturdy
 There is these narrow slats of wood that you pull out and that's how the sides pull out , easy and fast and mechanically in excellent condition.
Shes ready for some paint so I sanded it a bit and used paint with primer. I have to say if someone was video taping me at Goodwill they would be very amused. When I was in the store no one was around to help me so I pulled out my can of spinach I got a huge cart picked it up put it in there. The funny part was in the parking lot getting it into my SUV alone . Tring not to nick it up or nick up the new to me vehicle cause who wants to listen to Mr. StNSA right?? I ended up getting this table for free, here in SW Florida they give you a card ,every time you spend 10$ you get a stamp so when you have 10 stamps you get a free 10 item and this table was 9.99 so FREE yey

 Here she is a dressed in black , I choose not to distress her not for now anyway.


Pull up the side and a great place to have a little lunch. I have placed the table in my living room , it can set for 4 people if its opened on both sides so it will serve as extra seating for when my dining room is full.

 This is my spring market vignette basket I put together, I crafted the carrots out of brown paper and the stems are made of raffia, these are plastic eggs that I have painted





 Next time your passing a thrift store , stop on in you never know what treasures you will find!
                                                                    Happy crafting until next time
                                                                                  Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...