Friday, March 2, 2018

Faux painting on sliding glass doors? yes!

Hi there, so nice that you can drop in! I don't know about you but with all the talk and show of  sliding barn doors I really started to hate my glass sliding door, how about you? I always have a pretty curtain hanging on it so I don't have to look at the eyesore . So I thought about making wooden sliding doors but it came to me why not paint them on? Less work and more important they can still be locked securely. So I had gone to the Home depot Opps counter and bought many gallons and quarts of paints Some were Roof paints to me that means durability anything you would adhere to a roof sure could withstand cruel and unusual punishment . So my first step was a black coat of flat roof paint , hey what could really go wrong right? If it doesn't work out Ill have to replace them with wood or another curtain....I was a bit nervous but I have been Faux painting for a bit soooo,

ok so now I'm doing a coat of the black its going on well but the look was scaring me.......Once the paint was fully dry I got my tape and grey paint and started sectioning the door off. tape ....tape off I had scanned the web before hand to pick out a style that I would like and could do.



 This was by far an all day job! I may go back and put a brown glaze ???






So I think this will work for now I may make a color change on them .....so at least I still have a sliding door that can be securely locked down. The other side of the door leads into a mini apt.  that my 17 year old has so you can see just a black door on the other side which he has a curtain on anyway. Its good that this worked out the mini apt was just redone with new sub floors etc.  So there you have it you don't love it so much Paint it for goodness sake!

Happy painting
Lisa






10 comments:

  1. That is AWESOME!!! How did you seal it so it doesn't scratch off? I'm DYING to paint my closet doors, in my apartment. It's BAD ENOUGH they are bifold, but they are an awful corpse grey ish tan, and.... METAL! Ughh, I already removed one set, & hit them in the woods, hahaha, behind my apartment bldg, in case management came, I could still run out, grab them, & put them back... Except, well, rain, snow, long New England winters, are not nice to metal doors, abandoned in the woods! Lol! I fessed up to management, luckily they liked me, lol, but I'm not allowed to remove the other 4 remaining... Sighhhhhh.... I should have ditched those, too, BEFORE I fessed up, lol, but too late now. I can do anything I want to them, except ditch them, lol! I've seen people use Sticky Shelf liner, or border paper, but not paint! I'd love to know how this held up, and if you sealed it? Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your take on the issue. I now have a clear idea on what this matter is all about.. cancello automatico fai da te

    ReplyDelete
  3. Using barn doors, especially in the city is sure to catch a lot of attention as it would feel like bringing a little of the country side life to the city. Interior Barn Door

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember, the most important thing to dealing with coffee stains is to be quick about it. Don’t let that stain set in! Coffee Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. The paints will set up and become hard to work with if you leave them out. picasso painting by numbers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This process is done all at one time. An easy take on an ugly door. Thanks for stopping in!

      Delete
  6. I appreciate everything you have added to my knowledge base.Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer.Thanks. empresas de pinturas prediais em sp

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to Sweet Tea N' Salty Air! Happy for your visit

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article. I’ll be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I’ll definitely return. Folding doors dubai

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for the knowledge, good to know. These sliders actually lead to another room. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...