Wednesday, March 7, 2018

A PRETTY SPRING WREATH FOR ABOUT 3.00, PAPER SACKS? $ store?

Spring is in the air....Welcome!  If you have followed along you know I love a craft using brown paper bags so I thought I would incorporate it into a pretty spring wreath! Did you know that the early people would hang wreaths on their doors made of  greens and berries  in hope that Spring would soon arrive. Now adays we hang them everywhere to spread some beauty in our décor.

So the first step was a round base ,I used some heavy wire, then I got busy cutting the leave forms out of the brown paper......lots of them maybe 2 or 3 doz.
So after you have all your leaves cut out its time to get messy.....you can either dip or brush paint each one ,,your hands are going to get painty but it was fun!  lay them out on a non paper surface maybe a tray such as I did I folded them in half while they were wet .

 Once they have dried  you can begin to hot glue them on your base I didn't really have a set pattern I just randomly put them about. Dothis until the base is completely covered.
And you will end up with this. I bought the eggs and flowers from $ Tree I did paint the eggs I made a little nest out of raffia so everything is hot glued on .



So for about 3$ a crafted spring wreath


Come join me where I share my crafts:        www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/2018/03/diy-salvaged-junk-projects-418.html

2 comments:

  1. The more I look, the more I find.... Girrrlllll.... Where has your blog BEEN all this time?! Lol! I freakn love this! I even have a screen sitting in the back of a closet, bc again, I didn't know what I wanted to do w it! And, I even have the form for this wreath, lol! So many awesome ideas, that at least LOOKS like they won't end in a mess and tears, haha! Thanks again! Can't wait to try this stuff after work tmrw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, and I'm not sure if you've seen it, or tried it (I have only gotten this far into your blog, so far.. The night is still young, lol! I hope you don't get a notification every single time someone comments, or your going to be sick of me, already, lol!), but, I get those coconut liners they have with or near the hanging flower baskets at $ Tree and cut the center part out, then I peel off the top, and put that aside. It feels almost like it has glue on it. Then, I make a "nest" with the bottom part. It's realllyyy easy, and looks so real. I just pull, and separate, & mess up and shape a nest, keeping the bottom part as the outside shell of the nest, so it'll still look natural, but hold together well. I also add Sweet Annie dried branches, as it smells amazing, and looks even more natural.
    And, I do the same thing with the left over "side" of the coconut liner. I put eggs in them, etc.. U could prob even weave in some raffia to add to the messiness! I saw it done somewhere along the way, a couple yrs ago, and it always stuck in my head, til I tried it when I saw those liners at $ Tree! I wish I could remember where, but it was a long time ago. It was either a blog or YouTube or a craft book. Oh, and I also have used hot glue before, if I need it small. I'll just "pin" it in smaller with the hot glue, on the side of the nest.
    Anyway, just thought I'd share that idea, after seeing that you also make your own nests, and don't buy them from the craft store! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Why Not Give Your Holiday Tree Some Easter Love!

 Welcome, thankyou for stopping on in today! Easter is swiftly approaching as I have been busy planning decorating and meal plans.  I have a...