Thursday, November 16, 2017

A KITCHEN ISLAND MADE FROM PALLET WOOD & A BIT OF IMAGINATION

Hi there.....so very happy you could stop on in. I have been super busy crafting etc. and building. This is such a busy time of the year but exciting and fun especially for me as a blogger. I try to introduce crafts, wood projects etc. for little or no money. A couple of days ago it was time to take out all the Christmas decorations, my kids avoid me that day like I have a terrible catchey flu, no one wants to take part in that job!  Well its done and I have begun to decorate ! Ill be sharing soon.

So my youngest daughter Amanda loves to have a fire pit gathering and we are certainly having some chilly nights so I spotted that she brought home some pallets so I got to thinking wow what could I make so I thought about a kitchen island. So I gathered my tools that included tape measure, electric jig saw, screws, electric screwdriver, some odd pieces of wood I had in my stock pile,  paints and got to work!  I actually used the pallet for all of it except the shelf and a piece of tongue and groove for the front and back.

After the building was done just a few hours I gave the whole thing a black wash which means I used watered down black paint because I wanted to see the wood grain show through seeing I was going for the rustic look.




 I then used my favorite seafoam color but put it only on the top and very sparingly. I had this piece of glass from another piece of furniture and it fit well, making it a better surface to clean.
 I stenciled a bit

 Added a towel holder that I had forever




 Now my daughter is enjoying it at her new place ! now onto my next project!


So happy you stopped on in today, You can have something nice in your home with a little work and imagination for little or no money!  

Till next time   happy crafting...................Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...