Saturday, December 10, 2016

FAUX BIRCH TWIG STARS FOR YOUR CHRISTMAS TREE MADE FROM .....BROWN PAPER GROCERY BAGS!

Hi there...happy to share this totally free craft with you today. As you know I have done many craft projects using brown grocery bags through the years, today I am sharing a twig star ornament that will look wonderful on your tree especially if you are going for the cabin or lodge theme this Christmas. So lets get started.........

 So start by flattening your sack
 cut 5 pieces about 21/2 by 5 or so try not to cut them all the same exact size because after all twigs are not all the same size and we are trying to keep it real as possible
 Now take a pencil or dowel and start to wrap it from one end
 The pencil will drop out and them simply tape it at each end
 so now you have 5 faux twigs
 Don't be laughing at my small glue gun its been through the mill so to speak and burned me dozens of times lol  Anyway you will start to for the star by using hot glue
 After I glued it I rested a light piece of wood to set it you could also use a book. It does not take long about 5 min.

Now this is where it gets real , simply dry brush some white paint lightly around the twig not up and down just as I have done here.









Well there you have it add a ribbon....No cost , cabin like stars!  Hope you will try this easy craft
                                                              Headed for Hobby Lobby !
                                                                             Lisa

Come join the party fun where I am sharing my craft.....

http://www.stonegableblog.com/the-scoop-253/
http://www.sadieseasongoods.com/talk-town-51

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...