Tuesday, November 22, 2016

A KITCHEN DOOR PAINTED INTO WHIMSICAL FUN!

Hi there.....its almost Thanksgiving, lots of shopping to prepare for the big day. I think I finally have all the ingredience to whip up a yummy Thanksgiving feast. We will have about 25 people so buffet style will be in order.  I was taking a hard look at a door that you immediately see when entering through the kitchen door , its actually a coat closet so I decided to add a little whimsy to go with the Farm house country look.







 I don't have a before picture but it started out as just a dark brown stained door. So I used a cream color to make the wood look added some ageing with a barn red color. Then I decided to stencil "Barn" which brought all the fun!


 I had this red aged shutter so I set it aside the door



 
Doors don't have to be ugly to look at! With a little Faux painting you can turn your ugly dated boring doors into fun!
 
Have a wonderful  and blessed Thanksgiving!
Lisa



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...