Wednesday, April 6, 2016

A WINDOW GARDEN, A FUN PROJECT!

Hi there, let there be Spring I say! I know allot of you are still dealing with some cold and even snow........now enough is enough! Right?   I know you have seen this shelf in several places here at Sweet Tea N' salty air but never where I placed it today. And not wearing white either.

how many of you have a nice sunny window but when you look out the scenery is not all that? That's me...when I look out I see my neighbors boat I love boats but in the sea not near my window. So I thought I would make a window garden So I attached some wood to the shelf and screwed it into the wall around the window and in between the windows.

 So here is the shelf red....I don't know why but I am so sick of red???
 The shelf now a vanilla color , like it much better!
I did just a tad of distressing. The shelf already had chicken wire attached to it.
 I also placed a wrought iron bench in front for a little place to sit, I thought the little muchkins here would enjoy that!



 
 
 I rolled up a vintage strawberry appliqued scalloped apron for some cuteness. I had picked up the black shutter at a yard sale.



These cans On the bottom are just big Hunts tomato cans that I painted and they just rust on there own with a little outdoor life.















 I gathered some old colorful clear glass dishes to set against the chicken wire and reflect the sun.





 I thought it would be fun to root plants as well as having succulents etc..












I scanned the house for different things to use as planters such as tea cups. Almost anything that can hold water can be a planter if there is no drainage just add some small rocks on the bottome and be careful not to over water.
Maybe you have a huge shelf just sitting around waiting to go somewhere.....maybe a sunny window it will be!!  

Come join in on the following parties!

That-DIY-Party-link-party-button
TitiCrafty by Camila      DnD Button link partyFunky_Junk's_Party_Junk_link_party_150

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...