Saturday, February 20, 2016

MEET SWEET RHAPSODY BY BEHR

Hi there....Last weekend I was making my usual paint rounds at Lowes and Home Depot, I ponder about seeking beautiful colors that did not work out well for the person originally getting the color, otherwise known as Opps Paint. I have talked about it on previous posts , oops paint is just paint that had been mixed for a customer and they evidently dislike it for one reason or other. But that's ok because it becomes our gain. As long as we like the orphan cans of color.  The plus part is that the paints are Behr, Valspar etc. Gallons that can run anywhere from 30-55$ per gallon and for about 9$ you get a quality paint and very often I see 2 or 3 gallons of the same color.

It's a great way to paint furniture or just about anything. I add a wee bit of baking soda and you get a chalky paint ideal for sanding for that vintage look. Well this trip to Home Depot was not about Opps paint. I had been standing talking with the very nice lady at the counter whom always seems to be there. A customer was having this Sweet Rhapsody mixed up and the color at the top of the can drying got my full attention. Just what I was looking for to welcome Spring with open arms. The brightness seemed to energize me a bit that's a bad thing because I never sit still So I too had a bit mixed for myself.

I had this very cool table waiting to take front and center in the living room so I gave her a coat of this sweet paint and she seemed to speak and come alive. If you paint furniture you know what I mean right? Its not your standard coffee table but it seems to fit. It has a very cool pull out board type of drawer so I guess it would be to hold a little something extra. Perhaps this will make a good checker table, we love checkers! I can make some seats that will fit snug underneath.









 
 
 Just a wee bit of sanding was done








 This is a recent cracker Barrel find.A vintage piece of trim with some old rolling pin tops





 
Hope you enjoy some Saturday fun! Bye until next time
                                                                 Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...