Sunday, November 22, 2015

SEWING SOME WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS GIFTS!

Hi and welcome , nice of you to stop in . I know only too well that this is one of the busiest weeks of the year , especially if you are hosting Thanksgiving Dinner and that would be me. So before I start some serious cooking I thought I would share this pretty apron I made for my favorite Aunt in Ct.

You remember how I shared with you all the material I recently purchased well I am putting it to good use.

 
I simply used an old white butchers apron as a pattern leaving about 3 extra inches for sewing. If in fact you don't own a sewing machine this can be sewn by hand or even using a material glue would also work.

 
My daughter in law was kind enough to model this.....the other day when I wanted to get this post out my son was the only one around so I asked him if he would model it for me and his reply was absolutely not! He left rather quickly and I could not help to laugh at him . I guess it must have been the  ruffled bottom  lol!  Here you see I put my aunts initial to personalize it.

 
I also sewed a pocket on it and I plan to fill it with some pot holders and such. I hand sewn the heart on.

 
She looks like shes ready to fix dinner!


 
A simple wonderful useful gift for any lady that cooks and I have some I will be doing for some men but I will leave out the ruffles. I used less that two yards so this can be made very inexpensively . I used matching flannel for the ties which I frayed a bit. Hope you will try your hand at a homemade gift for they are the best!
 
Happy crafting, Lisa
 
Come join me at the following parties for some wonderful inspiration!
 Rustic and Refined

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...