Sunday, November 1, 2015

A 300th Post Celebrating Copper, An Old Friend Thats Back Bigger Than Ever!!!!

Hi there, happy you could drop in. So I've been feeding my obsession .....thrift store shopping!  As I was scanning the store I spied this very dark and dingy serving tray but my curiosity mode kicked in and I had to pick it up to examine it. The metal was dark cold and not very pretty but it was heavy so I just had to flip it over and check the price etc..... It gets even better because it had a Pottery Barn Sticker. So I knew I should buy it because I do buy all Pottery Barn items and at 3.99 its definitely coming to live at my house.
 
 
So I used a bit of polish and suddenly the beauty started to shine through.
 
 
It took a great deal of polishing to get this poor thing shining from handle to handle.
 


 
Here it is all shiny and ready for company!  Next time your doing a bit of thrifting watch out for the dark ugly pieces of metal .....it just may be copper! I will be scanning all my favorite thrift places for more copper, just love the shimmer and shine! Thanks for stopping in happy thrifting !
 
Lisa
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...