Saturday, May 16, 2015

ONE MANS JUNK IS ANOTHERS TREASURE, IN THIS CASE ITS VERY TRUE!

Welcome so happy you stopped by so I could share this story with you, the weather is hot and humid and we have started tropical daily storms. We finally got the garden planted just in time to get a daily watering from mother nature.

On Thursday evening trash night ,as I was leaving the neighborhood I noticed a huge painting with a beautiful carved frame just sitting leaning up against the trash bins. The first thought was , great I can make a huge chalkboard. Well when I got it back home I studied a bit and actually it was very beautiful in a French kind of way and after doing a little research I found out what a treasure she really is.

What we have here is The Boulevard Haussmann by the French painter Andre Picot. You can actually sit and take the picture in for a long time. It is very detailed including  fancy French hotels, a flower market and very pretty street lights. Chaps with hats and foreign vehicles and lovely flowers.




 
 
Although someone stuck some pieces of  scotch tape on it I think it could be repaired. I have signed with an auction to see its worth. It lists online for
1000-1500$. Pirot has passed since 1910-1992    The last painting listed in 2011 and sold for 945$

Soooo! that saying one mans junk is another mans treasure is really true in this case!

Thank you so much for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!

Lisa

1 comment:

  1. My neighbor gave me the exact one and he gave me a smaller one also.

    ReplyDelete

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Why Not Give Your Holiday Tree Some Easter Love!

 Welcome, thankyou for stopping on in today! Easter is swiftly approaching as I have been busy planning decorating and meal plans.  I have a...