Saturday, April 5, 2014

HERBS AND FOWERS PLANTED TOGETHER AND DOING WELL!

Hi there! nice of you to stop by. I took a big chance and waited a while before I shared this garden do!  But so far so good. I had already shared my front flower bed filled with different colorful flowers but I decided to add some wonderful herbs in between some of the plants

Basil, my most utilized herb in the kitchen. There is nothing better than a fresh steaming pot of Tomato sauce simmering on the stove filled with tons of meatballs and the fragrant scent of basil roaming your home. Herbs have many beneficial properties that aide in good health.



Dill, a wonderful scent like no other which I use to make pickles and salad dressings. I also use it when cooking fish.



Parsley, another kitchen favorite, I use parsley in almost everything I cook as well as garnish on summer potato salads, macaroni salads etc. Parsley has many health benefits and next time you need to freshen your breath chew on a bit of fresh parsley!




Spearmint, This is a favorite I use it in Sweet Tea all day! Great with Lamb and lemonades etc. The aroma of fresh Spearmint can not be beat! 


The biggest reason I choose putting the Herbs in this area was that their is a watering system within so I don't have to worry about that part of it.  So don't hesitate to plant your Herbs with your flowers it works well and looks lovely!   Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...