Tuesday, February 11, 2014

COME SEE WHAT I DID WITH THAT THRIFTED TEA POT WIRE BASKET, ALMOST ANYTHING CAN HOLD PRETTY FLOWERS OR PLANTS!

Hi there, the weather is "springy" today, Well you know those pretty petunias that were left all in a row soaking the sun up ? I finally got them planted. This weather just screams "Stay outdoors" to me I could dig in the dirt all day and not have another care in the world! I always say that the dirtier that someone gets is the result of how hard they have been working. Trust me you don't want to see my hands and nails they been doing some heavy duty digging in dirt!  


So I had the idea of turning that wire basket tea pot into a place for a pretty petunia!  So I lined well with coconut husk that keeps the soil from leaving the basket, added some good soil and then the Pink petunia, set it on top of the table which I covered with that spring tablecloth from Saturdays thrift store adventure, I even used the spring colored rug in that covered outdoor area .
I added some decorative moss to cover the top and a checkered bow.
You can turn any type vessel into a plant/ flower holder. Drainage is essential so if you cannot put holes in the bottom of the container add some rocks at the bottom of the soil. Also be careful not to overwater a good rule of thumb is about once a week. Coconut husk can be bought at most garden departments and come in all sizes. I had a huge piece so I was able to do the teapot and wire holder.
This wire flower holder also in the covered area was lined with coconut husk ,  then toped with some decorative moss. The Petunias will be happy here , they don't seem to like the Florida direct sunshine.
The carpet completed the theme of Spring. Although the wrought Iron could use a garland! Thanks for joining me outdoors here at Sweet Tea N' Salty Air! It's been fun! I bet if you scan your shed and closets you have lots of potential flower planters!
I am sharing at the following fun parties!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...