Thursday, August 22, 2013

The cutest Rusty shabby little wrought iron bench gets a well deserved makeover!

Good day everyone! I am so happy today to present the cutest little garden seat ever and a very nice lady offered it for free from Craig's list. When we drove out to pick her up, meaning the bench , I often refer to my furniture makeovers as men calling them him but this my friends is a lady. The bench sat rusty and tired but I could see past all that and couldn't wait to take her home and clean her up. The first thing on my list was to softly brush and sand. Then a good spraying of Rust lock so those dirty old rusty 's never come to her again. I pondered for a couple of days on what color I would spray her and I finally choose white. So a good spraying she got!  Then I wanted to accent her a bit so I chose some blue and I just let the paintbrush lead the way.

It is just the cutest even when she was wearing rust, kind of like a small child playing in mud I guess! It is the perfect place to sit in the garden with your morning coffee and your daily news paper.

She's dressed with a little ruffle and a little lace.
But I almost forgot to show you all the before picture of this lovely garden bench.
The rust is gone and she is fit to seat royalty! As always thank you so much for visiting Sweet Tea N' Salty Air and remember if it breaks it can be fixed .

*I HAVE JOINED THE LINKY PARTY OVER AT THE GRANT LIFE WHERE YOU WILL MEET KELLY THE HOSTESS AND FIND LOTS OF INSPIRATION AND TALENT!

Furniture Feature Fridays    Tweak It Tuesday Party

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...