Tuesday, January 28, 2014

COME SEE WHAT I MADE FROM THE 3.99 FLOWERS FROM OUR THRIFT STORE ADVENTURES!

I there I am excited to show you what I have made from those 3.99 beautiful hydrangeas. I actually made 3 very pretty arrangements each with a little touch of personality. Over the next couple of days I will share the next two, for today this is a little vintage style....


Grab button for GREEN wILLOW POND
 I took out one of my huge tomato cans and gave it some red and ice cream color craft paint. When it was dry I did a little sanding for that aged look. I added a small bow out of some scraps and some rough edged burlap around the rim. I only used 2 of the picks  and the other 5 I will share the next two days.
I used some upholstery scraps to craft some handles. When you buy good quality silk flowers you can dust them of by just putting some regular salt in a big brown sack put the flower in and close and shake, that will leave your flowers dust free. You can spray some scented oil also.


I had saved a plastic milk container so I cut a Heart out of it and painted it with chalk paint so it can be used as a Valentine pick.


So I have figured out that each of my arrangements have cost me $1.33! not bad I did not make any other investments, I used scraps of stuff from my craft room.  Don't forget to stop by for the second arrangement tomorrow!  Thanks for stopping in today!Grab button for GREEN wILLOW POND You can find me at any of these fun parties!Savvy Southern Style

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...