Friday, October 11, 2013

Welcome, come right through the Barn Door!

Hi everyone! I have been working diligently on my Pallet/ Barn door project. This is my second day and I'm finally finished. Lots of different hues of paint, some trusty duck tape and a wrought iron handle and some sand paper. I decked the door out for the Fall season. Today I kept looking at it and felt it was missing something. Do you ever get that feeling about projects that your doing? Then it came to me , a shelf! So I added a shelf now it somehow feels complete. Oh and I also beat it with a hammer just to age it a bit. I sure did get the kids attention. Lets take a peek....

This is a heavy Pine pallet, not the usual ones I get . I told my daughter to grab some more. It took well to the paints. There's Princess waiting to get into the barn "wink"" wink".
I can use the shelf for each holiday to decorate. Can't wait to fill it up with fresh pine and pine cones.

The hinge I painted on.

It's about 3 ft. wide and 4ft tall. A perfect door for my 4ft 11 inch self.


I bought this huge cow at a craft sale they have about an hour from my home. They have it every year.
It fits perfectly on the dining room wall.








Pallets are great just use your imagination! Only yesterday this barn door was an old pine pallet. Thanks for stopping by Sweet Tea N' Salty Air just take the barn door out wink wink!
Funky_Junk's_Party_Junk_link_party_150You can find me at all of these fun linky parties!It's Overflowing Too Much Time On My HandsDwellings-The Heart of Your Home     Mustard Seed Creations Furniture Feature Friday
w.astrollthrulife.net/2013/10/186th-inspir

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Why Not Give Your Holiday Tree Some Easter Love!

 Welcome, thankyou for stopping on in today! Easter is swiftly approaching as I have been busy planning decorating and meal plans.  I have a...