Thursday, October 10, 2013

A painted bathroom floor turned out not half bad! & a peek at an upcoming project!

Hey there , thanks for stopping by ! Iv'e been up to no good, at least that's what Mr. S. says when he comes home from work and see's that I have done something totally out of the box. I was so tired of the kids bathroom floor and I know Mr. S won't be tackling that any time soon soooo..... I did a little makeover myself.

It all started with a couple of cans of oops paint and a stencil. Lets take a look, I didn't take any before but it was just peel and stick tile. A quick fix when we had so many other projects more important.





 
 there's the camera strap again! When will I learn.... The process was really simple , First I put a coat of very light Bluish , green I'll call it sea foam, When it was totally dry I put a generous coat of light brown BEHR premium semi transparent WEATHER PROFFING all-in one wood stain & sealer. The best part it was on the oops counter at Home Depot. You got love those Opps Counters! I only paid .50 for it. This product is guaranteed 6 yrs.-8yrs. This will insure a tight seal to protect the floor from all the sand and water from the beachgoers and shower takers. Once all was dry I applied the stencil, I choose something simply from my stash of stencils I did not seal those I thought it would be kind of vintage looking if they start to wear away a bit. They were done in a dark deep green.
 

 
So you kind of get the look of a stenciled wooden floor. So if you have a floor that you want to spruce up a bit give it a try!

Yesterday my daughter Amanda who works in construction brought home a really nice heavy duty pine pallet . I caught her almost taking it apart for the outdoor fire pit. I stopped her quick and drug it into the house, I told her that she may see it as fire wood but I see it as my new barn door. Iv'e been scanning the net looking at pictures of barn doors . So check back for the barn door post I will be working on that today.

Now I need to get to work! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...