Tuesday, October 29, 2013

THE VERY BEST PUMPKIN MUFFINS, I PROMISE!

Hey there glad you could stop by! Boy do I have a treat today....about a couple years ago I scanned the net for that perfect Pumpkin Muffin recipe. I happed across this one which actually comes from a local Bakery Sandwich shop that serves up an array of freshness such as breads , muffins , cookies etc., etc. The proprietor shared this amazing recipe and ever since then I have been baking these muffins and not just for thanksgiving time but all the time. Once you bake these delectable morsels you too will be in a baking frenzy. I had to hurry with this photo shoot because every time I would turn my back some one would be swiping one off the platter. That's when mama goes nuts!


You will want to make a pot of coffee to go with these muffins or a tall glass of cold milk!
 
 

A creamcheese frosting is added on top just to add that extra goodness!

 If you notice I put a small glass crystal bowl under a large dish for some height , you don't have to have a special cake stand you can create your own out of the dishes that you already have. With Thanks giving quickly approaching this is a really nice touch to the serving table. You can use bowls , glasses or whatever, check back before Thanksgiving and I will post some heightening ideas that you may want to try. Back to the Muffins, they are so simple to make up and they travel well to. They are moist and just the right bit of sweetness. Thanks so much to Lorie Lenard of Sweet Carolines for sharing her scrumptious recipe with everyone!


The Recipe  makes 24 regular size muffins or 12 jumbo ones. I sometime cut this recipe in half.

3 Cups Sugar

1 Cup oil

4 Eggs
1 Small can of Pumpkin (non spiced) raw
11/2 Teaspoons Cinnamon

11/4 Teaspoons Nutmeg

2 Teaspoons Salt

31/4 Cups Flour

1 Cup Water

3 Teaspoons Baking Soda

Mix wet ingredients then slowly mix in dry ingredients careful not to over mix. Fill lined muffin tins or well greased tins about 3/4 way full bake about 25-30 minutes depending on your oven. To test doneness just slightly tap the top of the muffin and it should spring back. For the top I just make a quick Cream cheese glaze

11/2 cup confectioners sugar

about 3 tablespoons soft butter

2 oz. of cream cheese

a drop or two of 1/2 & 1/2

1 teaspoon of vanilla

Mix all together , the consistency should be slightly pastey but you can always add more 1/2 & 1/2 if needed


Bake at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes.

I do hope you enjoy this recipe we sure do. Today my son who is a homeschooler helped make them as a home ec class. He did a swell job!  This recipe is kid friendly so invite your little ones in the kitchen to help. Thanks so very much for visiting Sweet Tea N' Salty Air !



No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Why Not Give Your Holiday Tree Some Easter Love!

 Welcome, thankyou for stopping on in today! Easter is swiftly approaching as I have been busy planning decorating and meal plans.  I have a...