Thursday, June 27, 2013

Are you elected to bring the potato salad for the 4th of July Picnic? ...Do I have a recipe for you!

Soon enough we will all be celebrated the upcoming holiday, a time when family and friends get together to picnic and enjoy each others company. Have you been asked to bring the potato salad? I had to make up 45 lbs. last Saturday. Something really funny happened when I brought my special potato salad to a recent party I noticed that my salad was not on the huge buffet table joining the other picnic delights. I didn't really want to ask the hostess but a while later I went inside the house to get something and low and behold her husband was taking the salad out of the cabinet and he proceeded to sit down after he grabed a fork. I didn't really know them all too well so he proceeded to tell me that it was some good stuff and that he wasn't going to put it out on the table it was too good. He did not have any idea I made it. Well I guess he just wanted him some of his own potato salad. Later when his wife figured it all out she called and apologized to me. I kindly told her no  problem. Now I bring 2 different bowls so this savvy potato salad eater gets his own lol.
  1. This recipe is really very easy you will need
  2. about 5 pounds of red potatoes
  3. a stick and a half of butter or margarine
  4. red and green onions
  5. a slash of white vinegar
  6. about 3 egg yolks
  7. about 3/4 cup of brown sugar
The procedure is easy first you will cut the potato's into big chunks. Bring to a boil.
once boiled let sit a bit.
Meanwhile heat until melted the butter, once all is melted add the rest of the ingredients a mix well.
Now you pour that mixture over warm potatoes  and mix well. This is a great potatoe salad minus the mayo. You can garnish with a bit of fresh parsley and a shake of paprika.
Be sure to make enough because everyone always takes seconds. What's the name of this , well I guess it's Li's red tater salad! What are you waiting for get to cookin and have fun with it. Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...