Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Iv'e painted my Cherry wood foe fireplace with home made chalk paint, yike I may be in trouble it was a birthday gift!!

Sooo , My significant other and in laws presented me with a beautiful foe fire place for my birthday a couple of years ago, they made me go down in my bedroom so they could set it up in my living room. So naturally I had my ear against my door to try to listen to what was going on......Then I heard what sounded like a dish washer, Yuk, I thought. I hate those things, you have to load ,unload that just not for me. But what I was really hearing was the vacuum. When they called me out I was so surprised it was truly beautiful, I had always wanted a fire place. It just didn't have that pop it deserved, so presto I made some home made chalk paint and painted that fireplace , now it has the vintage look and the pop it deserves. Although my in laws haven't seen it yet. ( I may be in big trouble).

HOME MADE CHALK PAINT
3 Cups of flat paint
3/4 cups of baking soda

After it totally dryed I sanded all the edges with 100 grit sandpaper to bring out the amazing details. Then I followed up with a clear furniture wax. As you can see we are getting ready for the fall festivities. What do you think? I have done several other pieces in my home with the chalk paint , it's addictive. Try it let me know what yo think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...