Wednesday, September 19, 2012

LOTS OF AUTUMN DECORATING GOING ON AT OUR HOUSE...

I just love autumn it is my very favorite season, if you were to ask my family they would say: oh that's just another reason for her to hang lights and decorate. Well they are right but they love it as much as I do.

All summer I saved corn husks from our bounty of corn. I dried them out and really was not sure what I was going do with them but now I'm just sprawling them about in my scape's. They look super festive and add that Wimsey touch and it's free. They can also be dyed if you like. A great way to dye dried corn husks is to soak them in either tea or coffee. I plan on doing that to some to make a garland with. So don't be hasty and flip out those corn husks ,you can use them for a number of crafty imaginative do's. The pumpkin  was a thrift store find and the kitty is a Dollar Tree find. The autumn leaves were also purchased from the dollar store. They have a great assortment of Halloween decorations that with a little creativity you can deck your house out for very little money. That Dollar Tree is one of my favorite places to get lost in. I have a 10$ rule or else I would be defeating the $ store shopaholic in me.


My vintage latern

Mirrored wooden piece
 Speaking of getting lost I have hit the thrift stores today, It's my usual at least twice a week I need that "Fix". I just can't get enough of thrifting . I'm so glad that there are other individuals out the that feel the same .I was starting to think I may me really ill, heheheh. Anyway I had been looking for a lantern after seeing them on so many decorating blogs, finally there it was 6.99 at Goodwill. I was totally excited with that. lanterns are so versatile, they look good on tables, front porches, or any imaginative place. I decided to do mine up for Halloween. I got big plans for Thanksgiving and Christmas etc., etc. for this lantern. Even with just a candle in them they look great. Mine is an antique, I'm not sure what it was used for I thought maybe the railroad but I'll just have to research. I also found this mirrored piece with wood for just 1.99 at Goodwill. I don't know how I'll re purpose it yet but I have a few idea's. Tomorrow Natalie will be crafting and painting with me, You will hear me talk allot about her that's my Lil assistant (granddaughter) she's a Martha Stewart in the making.Here's a before shot and Thursday's we will reveal the piece after we apply some chalk paint. It has a rack type thing in front that I could hang a small quilt in. What would you do with this awesome piece?. I think it may have come off an antique bureau of some sort. Join me on Thursday to see what we have done with are most recent find.

As always happy thrifting! I'd love to hear what you have found thrifting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Why Not Give Your Holiday Tree Some Easter Love!

 Welcome, thankyou for stopping on in today! Easter is swiftly approaching as I have been busy planning decorating and meal plans.  I have a...