Tuesday, May 10, 2016

A NEW LOOK FOR UGLY METAL POSTS FOR UNDER 5$

Hello there, happy you stopped in........it seems everyone is nesting for summer including me. You know when you have something that is just so ugly and you try to come up with a remedy? Well I have these very homely metal square kind of posts that support the carport. So I thought and I thought and came up with this.....

 Ugly metal square posts

 Fence posts, they are a mere 1.35 each
 
                                                        So I mixed up a black stain by adding water to some paint. The pieces are also treated so they will not rot from the elements.
 

 
 I simply attached them with some cording. I took some small little pots and covered them with some pretty burlap attached them then filled them with soil and some succulents
 
 I also hung some lanterns that I will fill with citronella oil to shoe the mosquitoes away.
 My big front Palm tree supplied me with some airplants
 

 

 

 

 
 
A tin turtle also found a home here. I will be buying more of these for more projects. A cheap and fun detail to hide a bit of ugliness!
Lisa
 
Join me here for some awesome inspiration!


Funky_Junk's_Party_Junk_link_party_150

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Why Not Give Your Holiday Tree Some Easter Love!

 Welcome, thankyou for stopping on in today! Easter is swiftly approaching as I have been busy planning decorating and meal plans.  I have a...