Wednesday, October 8, 2014

WELCOME TO OUR FALL STOOP FEATURING THRIFT STORE WOODEN PUMPKINS!

Hi there! Enjoying Fall? The weather has even changed some here in Southwest Florida....cooler mornings and evenings.  My favorite time for baking yummy Fall favorites as well as warm the heart and soul kind of dinners. Today I have decorated the front stoop, I have included my 2 wooden pumpkins that I found at our local thrift store.



These solid wooden guys are just crying for some love and attention and @ .99 each they for sure came home with me. I mixed up some homemade chalk paint using a bit of baking soda in my paint and gave them a blanket of white.
After the pumpkins were dry I gave them a good sanding then a pretty bow. They are the stars of our front stoop this year.

 A few marigolds , mint and basil from my garden sit in a mason jar surrounded by my favorite natural décor , pinecones.
 This vintage ladder back chair belonged to a very dear friend that passed away, so every time I look at it  brings back memories of our many chats he experienced in the olden days.
Someone took great care crafting these pumpkins the center has a dowel for the stem.


 
 

The wrought iron railing is covered with a fall leave garland attached to some orange rope lighting. Those of you that know me know that I love to use different kinds of lighting in décor , to me it adds some festive flavor.



But the most favorite fall décor hangs on my fridge made by our sweet Natalie!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Shabbilicious FridayButton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Why Not Give Your Holiday Tree Some Easter Love!

 Welcome, thankyou for stopping on in today! Easter is swiftly approaching as I have been busy planning decorating and meal plans.  I have a...