Monday, August 26, 2013

Pumpkin and spice garland made from brown paper bags!

Hi everyone! I've been at my brown paper bag crafting again! I thought I would make a garland for the front of my fireplace. I started by making one good pumpkin ,I used it to trace the rest. I cut the bottom of the grocer bag out completely so I could have 2 folded sides. When you make the pumpkins they have to be joined at the fold I did mine at the stem. I cut out 7 for harvest. I didn't want the typical orange pumpkin so I used a white shading. I attached each pumpkin on the cording at the stem. For the stem piece I took pieces of bag and kind of rolled it till I had the look of a stem. For the leave I made 1 and traced 6. I shaded them with a bit of dark green. I attached the stems and leaves. I used black and gold for the harvest lettering. The brown paper is so pliable you can bend and twist until you reach the shape you want. I also added a little butterscotch colored ribbon. I  wanted to add a little fall scent so I gave it a spray with some cinnamon oil and it seems to distribute a nice scent when you walk by.
 
I couldn't resist to turn the fireplace on, my son said mom, what the heke are you doing now? They should all know just step aside and let the mom do what she does. Thank you so much for visiting Sweet Tea N' Salty Air!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...