Saturday, August 24, 2013

A table setting for an anual Fall lunch!

Hi everyone, hope you are enjoying the weekend. I am trying to say bye to summer and welcome the Autumn season. I have my  oil burner lite ,the sweet smell of cinnamon is lifting my Fall spirits. I have always enjoyed decorating for fall oh heke truthfully I just love decorating... for any reason or season . Today a very good friend is coming for lunch ,she is an old gardener from way back. She will bring her harvest such as potatoes and leeks for some super creamy potato soup and an array of vegetables to create a colorful salad. And I will supply the desert. I have set the table with a little whimsy in mind ,my dear friend will get a kick out of it!
We will have some white wine so I attached a pretty fall flower with some raffia.
I used a pinecone to hold the fork and knife in between the ripples. The rooster dishes are from The country Door....I bought them about 10 years ago. They are  my favorite!
Deep caramel colored bowls are set with a spoon rested on a fall leaf. A raffia wreath sits in the center that holds a piece of carnival glass that will soon be filled with fresh watermelon.     
The wine is chilling and soon my guest will be arriving through the gate only wish you could join us! Thank you so very much for taking a visit to Sweet Tea N' Salty Air!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Why Not Give Your Holiday Tree Some Easter Love!

 Welcome, thankyou for stopping on in today! Easter is swiftly approaching as I have been busy planning decorating and meal plans.  I have a...