Tuesday, February 27, 2018

PLAYHOUSE INTO POTTING SHANTY.....Welcome!

Hi there.... happy you could take a visit! So my  son & his wife built a really nice big playhouse for their daughter for Christmas a couple of years ago  complete with a shingled roof . Well they moved on into their own place and no longer needed it. Well my mind got to thinking that if I lifted the roof and added walls I could actually use this as a potting shed. Mr. STNSA would have to lend a helping hand with this project and that he did. I pulled all my resources together wood, screws, paint etc. This is what it looked like before

This is how it started out we added posts to raise the roof , then added wooden walls......The screen door I made some time ago just there for decorative purposes.
 Well come on in......
 This is the front side I planted some hearty wandering jews  made a wreath and sign, I have to say this is one of the most fun makeovers yet! The front I left open  , love to decorate old garden tools


 I made a little stone walkway and a banner and see that little round table thing that the basket is on that is actually a cooler the top lifts up and it will be great for throwing some ice in and keeping some cold beverages for the hot summer days


 I added some pockets to the banner just for fun to hold flowers

 This is the inside all equipped with everything I will need for gardening, Last season we did a salad bowl garden so we could pick fresh salad vegetables every night for dinner
 Everything is hung for easy access and the shelves hold all the pots and things. I added some stenciling for fun
 These are Mexican petunias they pretty much thrive anyplace you put them everyday they bloom purple flowers and are considered an invasive plant here in Fla.  I don't care what they say I love them!

 One big shelf for potting plants
 I love to hang herbs  to dry its the perfect place




I am happy we  did not take it down and repurposed it into such a useful place. Its great I have the garden hose to the left and the floor is pressure treated planks so they can be just sprayed off when needed. 

Have you begun to plan out for Spring gardening yet ? 

Thanks for visiting 
Lisa



No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...