Tuesday, October 17, 2017

AN EASY HOMEMADE WEDDING SIGN, A LITTLE MAKEOVER FOR MY KITCHEN CART

Hi there, so happy you could stop on in! Well ya know that Cow stencil that I used making the new pillows well someone ought to come on over and take that thing away from me......now I decided to give my little kitchen island cart a new look and yes it does include the cow stencil. If you remember I bought this cart for 5.00 at a church thrift store, it was originally a weird type of filing cabinet that pulls open from the top and slides back and closes. Well I never use things for which they were fully intended I like to put some fun in the mix.  If you would like to take a peek at what it looked like when it first came to live with me ,   https://mrsblackstone.blogspot.com/2013/07/the-cutest-addition-to-my-kitchen-my.html    It has seen a few new looks along the years, the last look was this:


I did have a red rooster stenciled on all sides


Homemade cinnamon buns that I have been baking for years.....Sometimes I make them on a Sunday but for sure every Christmas morning.
Vanilla coffee in my favorite Pottery Barn Cups.
I moved many things around so I added this mirrored shelf a Hobby Lobby find to the dining room it was previously in the kitchen, just added some Fall!

Found the metal leaf napkin rings at our local thrift store.


We had a wedding this past weekend so I crafted this easy sign. Just a 1/2 in plywood, first a coat of dark brown, then I used an off white and just notched out the wood when the white was still wet to give the illusion of slats of wood.  Used stencils , some flowers and a couple of heart tins I picked up along the way.





This is the kitchen island /cart now, if you remember I bought a sheet cake pan and it was so large it would not fit in my oven so.....I turned it upside down and I have a cool top for my island


This is a Walmart find for about 5.00









Just a bit of Apple Cider and some cool weather snacks



It has been so nice visiting !
Join us for our Fall  virtual open house next time!

Enjoy your weather
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...