Wednesday, October 4, 2017

A MUCH NEEDED DAY OF SEWING AFTER A DIRECT HIT FROM HURRICANE IRMA, A FIERCE STORM that left so much damage!

I am so happy to return to  share my crafts! This has been a very hard situation for all , Hurricane Irma left our neighbor in mad annihilation. For many of my neighbors have lost their homes. For us we had minor damages which I am truly thankful. Many of my neighbors vacation here to stray from the cold northern temperatures, so this is their 2nd homes. When I returned the sunrise after the storm I was shocked at the  evident annihilation the storm had left behind , the roads were littered with metals from torn apart homes and falling trees it looked as though someone picked up Naples fla and shock it and through it back down. We hurried and checked our home including  the roof . oddly everything was in tack, even the lanai. I couldn't help to think why me why was my home spared while most others here lost so much? I am truly grateful . We went over 2 weeks with no electric, water , food gasoline was in short supply at first was not even available. Neighbors all worked together to clean the ruble from sunup to sun down , the red cross and salvation army and national guard fed us and gave us cleaning supplies . They brought me a huge bucket with mops, bleach and various cleaning supplies for that I am so grateful. Today most is cleaned up many have to rebuild and put new roofs on. I was later told that the wind was tracked at well over 200 mph. The home I stayed at a cement building was safe until we tried to leave and found that the 3 lakes that surrounded the area had flooded so we drove in my daughters truck and took a chance, well we made it in her white truck that has earned the name "The great white".   So we have washed our home down and made the needed repairs and are forever grateful for surviving Hurricane Irma. So with all that said I decided to take a sewing day and add a bit of Fall for ya all!  I have to add I really am loving the luxury of Electric !

I had bought a new condition canvas shower curtain a short time ago at our local thrift store so seeing that I didn't need it as a shower curtain I turned it into some pillow covers and a runner to match. I had a wonderful visit to our new Hobby Lobby in this area and found a cow stencil which added fun to my sewing crafts .


I  sewed the covers with a flap over so the pillow could be tucked in and secured and easily taken off to launder. I would highly advise this if you have children, pets etc...
I guess I went somewhat cow crazy...I love the way you can shade the stencil so it looks like different cows and not all the same.


This rusty cloche I found at our local tractor supply, I just added a pumpkin to the pot some leaves and a berry garland.   My runner is simple with a 3 cow parade and a little ruffle at the ends.


A fun day of sewing is just what  I needed!  I am so happy that you could stop on in today!
Until next time 
Happy Crafting!
Lisa






No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...