Friday, July 21, 2017

An old family lamp gets a Farm house makeover & some harvest vignettes

Hi there welcome......come see what I have been up to. When I think of July ending here I think of Harvest, how about you? It seems as though all the roadside stands are abundant with colorful vegetables and fruits. I just love getting a combination of veggies and spices and a little of this and that and come up with a delicious dish.  Well what I found at the local thrift wasn't exactly what I had in mind as fresh but for vignettes it will work, an entire bag of faux vegetables such as green and red tomato's. I also want to share a lamp makeover so once again if you have good wiring and a dated lamp don't toss it away give it a wonderful new life!  lets take a peek........

 The lamp was rusting terribly it is all metal the shade the base as well. As you can see it was white with a tad of stenciling.
 I used a black paint.
 I decided to use some beads on the rims. I have so many  beads thought this is a great way to use them with crafting and it adds some shabby to the lamp. I used hot glue to attach them.
 Her you have it I decided to go with a cow dairy theme since it is for the dining room. So I painted a cow and used my thumbprint to make the spots on him , stenciled Dairy also. Please don't mind the wire this is a real home cant hide everything lol.




 I had some yellow paint that I smudged on here and there and then swiped the smudges with a tad of black paint for a peeling aged look.I also painted the beads and added a bow.
 This look may not be for everyone but with a little paint and imagination you can take your dated lamps and give them a new style.
If you would like to see more of my lamp redos just click the links.....     https://mrsblackstone.blogspot.com/2016/07/a-modern-little-lamp-crafted-into.html    https://mrsblackstone.blogspot.com/2015/04/a-little-nautical-life-for-old-lamp.html
https://mrsblackstone.blogspot.com/2014/05/welcome-to-my-lakehouse-whimsacal.html





So I had some faux veggies all ready But I did get this bicentennial canning jar while thrifting last week  1776-1976 Its vibrant color is a winning collectable. So I just had to add it to the wooden box I made in the past here is the link...     https://mrsblackstone.blogspot.com/2014/11/get-your-jigsaw-ready-simple-faux        I also  Used 2 depression glass dishes as a back drop in the wooden box and guess what  else ??? Yep Pine cones I've already started to use them just couldn't wait another day  lol.

I also stuck some in a little wooden bowl couldn't resist.

I changed everything around on the rusty wagon panels in the kitchen.
Don't laugh at my white lights if you know my blog you know I love lights EVERYWHERE! To me it adds such whimsy.






Couldn't resist these two red glass dishes at the thrift store!
 So happy you stop on in today!

                                                               Bye for now and happy crafting and thrifting!
                                                                                           Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Why Not Give Your Holiday Tree Some Easter Love!

 Welcome, thankyou for stopping on in today! Easter is swiftly approaching as I have been busy planning decorating and meal plans.  I have a...