Sunday, June 11, 2017

A NEW COLOR & SEASIDE DECOR FOR THE DINING ROOM< COME ON IN!

Hi and welcome.......Its been too hot outdoors for any projects out there for now, so I am working inside with wonderful AC. I decided to paint the dining room and I chose a light grey. Funny thing about grey I noticed , it kind of reflects colors that are near it for instance I put up something blue and the wall instantly has a blue hue to the grey . Its light fresh and clean looking and the best part is it goes well with any color. So come on in and lets take a look.....



 I pulled out all my summer beach décor and placed it here and there.


 A friend of mine brought me 2 vintage rocking chairs but they were so far gone that I decided to dissect them so I removed the arms and backs love the natural worn areas , I hung a wreath and a flower bouquet I received from mothers day that I dried out. The copper clam shell was a thrift store find.
 
Whats summer without bingo, Every summer as a child we would play bingo . The crab shack is a piece of drift wood my daughter brought home .







 
These are the arms from the rocking chairs.



 Whats summer without cracker Jacks?










 
Old fishing poles and nets are amongst the sea side collection
 
 
 This is a popcorn bucket I saved from Christmas
 I also did the table top over , I painted it the dark cranberry color then rubbed it down with some white stain. Wipe on wipe off...

 Love these big clam dishes they are great for lobster and crab cracking
 This is a copper tray I bought from a local antique store





Thanks so much for stopping in today, hope you are enjoying your summer !
until next time
Lisa
 
Please come and party where I share my crafts to enjoy some wonderful inspiration !
 http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/2017/07/wow-us-wednesdays-343.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Why Not Give Your Holiday Tree Some Easter Love!

 Welcome, thankyou for stopping on in today! Easter is swiftly approaching as I have been busy planning decorating and meal plans.  I have a...