Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Got my herd all together! Cows that is!

Hi there, today I  am sharing a cool way to display a herd of collectibles such as mine cows. Some have been gifted some I found thrifting, so its my herd plus a few related cow items and also a black and white garland that I incorporated a bit of my grams tablecloth into.  Grab a beverage and come with me.......




Way back many years ago cows were famous to decorate , my aunt and I had them all over the place now its become popular presented as farmhouse style and you'll note I used the word style because you do not need a real Farm house to carry this décor out, its pretty anywhere you live! Anyway if you have some that your pulling out of storage a nice way to give them a better look is to white wash them as I have done here. Just a tad of white paint and a splash of water mixed a just apply to the piece or not its what ever you like.

 I love a nice full rag garland it really put the icing on the cake so to speak it finishes the farm house touch. I used these two materials and a bit of lace from my grams tablecloth .


 I crafted a cow crossing sign and also placed a rolled up vintage doily my gram made over 100 years ago inside the cow.

 Painted a canning jar pink to bring out the pink cheeks on the ceramic cow
 I took an old book and white washed it and labeled it to go with the theme. I found the old milk bottle at Goodwill.

You can do this with anything like a rooster collection, dishes anything you can group and add some interest to.










So will you be dedicating a shelf to one of your collections? Its a great way to show off what you love and make yourself happy!  Have fun with it is what I always say.........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to chat so please leave a comment

Just About Any Piece Of Furniture Can Be Beautiful again!

 Welcome! Nice of you to stop by. How many of you have the old wooden piece of furniture sitting idle in your basement ,garage or attic? I w...